CIM Metals Inc.
2312 Industrial Street, Burlington ON L7P 1A1
CIM Metals Inc. is a precision cutting company in Burlington serving a wide variety of industries.
Job Introduction - Machine Operator
Our Machine Operator is responsible for controlling the Mitsubishi laser, Omax waterjet, and Komatsu plasma cutters in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. The Operator will also assist with area housekeeping, maintenance work, material staging and finished part unloading and sorting. The successful candidate will be a well-organized team player and flexible in his/her role in doing what is best to maintain or increase production throughout. The Machine Operator must be able to work all shifts including for a regular 40 hour work week, as determined by production needs. Current shifts are as follows (subject to change):
- Day shift 7:30am – 4:00pm
- Afternoon shift 3:30 pm – 11:00 pm
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Daily setup and running of cutting programs as outlined by the Production Manager and schedule.
- Adjust machine settings (e.g. alignment, head change, nozzle change, clean lens, change cut speed, etc.) to achieve the highest quality cut parts.
- Stage raw materials for the loading/unloading of the machines and assist in loading/unloading when required to maintain production throughout the plant.
- Sorting of parts into correct locations/skids.
- Troubleshoot errors and perform minor maintenance of machines to improve cut quality with minimal lost time and scrap.
- Maintain accurate records of completed programs/jobs, any scrapped parts or issues with machines performance and other records as assigned by Production Manager.
- Check parts with precision measurement equipment (e.g. calipers, micrometer).
- Monitor gas levels and reports usage to Production Manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- 1+ Year experience operating a laser, waterjet or plasma machines that cut parts out of different types of materials.
- Knowledge of laser, waterjet, plasma software an asset.
- Ability to inspect the cut parts with inspection equipment such as digital calipers.
- Lift Truck/Tow Motor/Fork Lift experience (including Propane Cylinder Exchange) an asset.
- Experience using overhead cranes (Vacuum lift experience an asset).
- Excellent Health and Safety record (safety-minded) and up-to-date WHMIS training.
- Excellent attendance record and punctuality.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Experience in an ISO 9001:2008 environment and knowledge of Quality policies and practices an asset.
Handling and Physical Requirements:
- Frequent movement including: bending, twisting, reaching over machine beds, lifting 50lbs bags of sand, carrying and pulling of raw materials and finished parts, etc.
- Standing for up to 8 hours per day.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment as per company standards (safety glasses, gloves and steel-toed CSA certified boots).